Welcome to the Product Realization Lab!
At Stanford, making is learning. Designing, making, and evaluating products enhance learning in any discipline while connecting people from diverse backgrounds. Even the most creative students need a place to begin. The Product Realization Lab is that place.
The PRL is open to all currently registered Stanford students. Here’s what you need to do to get started each academic year:
1. Attend a safety orientation session.
- Go to Webshop, review the safety orientation materials and complete the quiz.
- After passing the quiz, you will receive an email that will allow you to complete your Webshop registration.
- Sign up for a safety orientation. Safety orientation sessions start at scheduled times and run for 45 minutes. Safety sessions meet in the Machining Lab in Building 610 (on the corner of Santa Teresa and Duena Street). Please wear long pants and closed-foot shoes to your scheduled session.
2. Show up!
Come into the PRL to work. The PRL operates on a schedule of 3 daily 4-hour sessions (8:30am-12:30pm, 1:30-5:30pm, 7-11pm). Check the schedule on Webshop to find open sessions in the lab area you’d like to work in.
3. Talk to a Course Assistant in the PRL.
Come in and talk to a CA during an open session. They are a fantastic resource for you!